Whether you are camping in a tent or some type of RV, when you take kids along for the fun there are special items that will make the trip much more enjoyable. Here is a list of the maybe not so obvious items we like to include on our camping trips.
1. Layers of Clothing: Actually, more clothing than you would ever think you might need for your kids. Since you will be outside most of the time, the clothing your kids start the morning with will not likely be the same clothing they want in the heat of the day or the cool of the night.
2. Coins, Detergent, and a Laundry Basket: Kids are messy and some clothing and blankets might get dirty enough you won't want to wait until you get home to wash them. If your campground doesn't have laundry facilities, the owners should be able to direct you to the closest laundromat.
3. Rainy Day Games: We keep toys, games, movies, and art supplies in our camper that aren't available in our house. So if it rains or the kids just get bored, they have some different and fun things to do.
4. Bikes and Helmets: Somethings walking around the campground just doesn't cut it. Bikes make travel much better.
5. Glow Sticks: We pack enough glow sticks so each kid have have a different one each night. Check out your local dollar store and see the variety of glow sticks they offer. From magic wands to necklaces to glasses, you can keep your kids surprised each night for only $1 per kid.
Camping with kids can make for great family memories. Just make sure you include the items on this list to make the experience enjoyable for everybody.